Tuesday, April 7, 2009

17 Weeks - Pomegranate




This week my baby is the size of a pomegranate. The site I usually check out is compares the baby's weight to a turnip. This was not appetizing, so after some more research and the endless food/fetus comparisons I found something sweeter and chock full of antioxidants. Ooh, I feel younger already.

Everything is good with the exception of the baby and my growing uterus is moving all my innards out of the way causing some uncomfortable plumbing issues. The belly continues its growth and just north the girls are trying to keep up as well, which is not all that disappointing to my hubby. 

The baby has already decided to make me aware of its bodily invasion. Funny, I do not remember around which week I felt Boden move. It seems weird to barely be showing, but have gymnastics practice in my uterus. I'm just hoping this isn't going to get too abusive toward the end. 

There are some other symptoms of pregnancy that manifest, but aren't long lasting. One of these, for me are foot cramps. The kind where you get into bed and your toe twitches at first. The next thing you know you have severe pain and your toes move to this gnarled position that you have to pry into it's normal form. I'm not sure if this is common for other pregnant women, but for me it is a nightly jump out of bed and put pressure on your jacked up foot until the pain goes away.
 
Another crazy symptom that I would like to bitch... ur... describe again has to do with the super strength nose. Pregnant women may suffer from sinusitis. This is because her blood volume doubles and for some reason it makes your sinuses dry out and I mean crusty stalactites in your nose. I've also noticed that this may be the only time in my life that I have discovered what the inside of my nose smells like.

No comments:

Post a Comment